South Carolina Children's Theatre (SCCT) truly believes that every child deserves the chance to be extraordinary. A child's life is changed as the curtain rises, whether they stand on the stage before their peers or sit in the audience as a story unfolds before them. We are creating a need for the arts and a love of live theatre in the hearts of children across the Upstate as they participate in our main stage or 2nd Stage productions, experience the excitement of watching live theatre, participate in our classes or encounter our powerful outreach through scholarships, residencies or KNOW WAY, our bully prevention program for young people.
Established in 1989, SCCT is the largest year-round children's theatre in the state of South Carolina. We are very fortunate that we earn 70% of our budget. For the remaining 30%, we turn to you for support. As a 2003 recipient of the Secretary of State's Angel Award, SCCT was recognized for spending 89.2% of all monies raised directly on its programs. So you can be assured that we are dedicated to giving back to our community by putting our resources where they are needed most.
Here are ways you can give so that we can give back: