YOU CAN QUOTE ME
These are words from parents and students about their involvement with SCCT classes.
• When I dropped my daughter off the first day in tears I was a bit nervous, by the end of the first class she came out laughing and smiling and couldn’t wait to come back again! And wants to know if she can do this again before next summer!
• Y’all really know what you’re doing! Tremendously terrific experience. We’re telling everyone we know about SCCT’s classes!
• My child’s ability to be in front of a group grew by leaps and bounds. Everything the class promised to achieve occurred and I could not be happier. Thanks so much—see you next session!
• This class is wonderfully organized and developmentally appropriate. Thank you for offering this class on Saturday mornings.
• We are recent transplants to Greenville and were so happy to find this opportunity for our son, who has been interested in acting from a very early age. We look forward to enrolling him in future classes.
• Every time I said it was the day we go to theatre dance class a huge smile broke out across my daughter’s face and she jumped up and down.
• Trevor loved this class. He looked forward to it everyday and was very sad that today was the last day. I cannot say enough good things about it.
• I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you for the great opportunity the SCCT provided my son this summer. Wow. We had so much fun! Traysie was amazing! She had patience and was brilliant with the children but she was also not afraid to enforce structure and rules. Working with you has been a pleasure as well as you return emails and calls promptly and there was not a moments confusion even after we got on a waiting list and switched classes. I will recommend your program repeatedly. Thank you again!
• Traysie created the perfect mix of structure and creativity. I thought (was an educator myself) that she handled each child with care and was very positive yet perfectly capable of keeping control. I would highly recommend this class to others.
• My boys had a blast—they would come every day forever!
• We loved this class! It was a fun way for my four year old to learn drama techniques—through songs and games. My shy child was absolutely beaming after every class. Thank you so much !! We’ll definitely enroll again.
• Ava enjoyed it so much. She always had fun and stayed interested. She learned so much!
• Loved it! Priced well too!
• Ella absolutely loved class. Theatre is a big part of our lives and it’s wonderful to see her becoming enthralled with the process. She talks all the time about what you do in class—you’ve made quite an impression!
• Instructors are wonderful with the kids—total kid magnets. Zoe loved everything.
• Mr. Jason & Mr. Kevin were fantastic. My child really enjoyed the class because they made it so fun.
• Mr. Jason is a great teacher.
• Very fun and cool.
• My son really enjoyed his ‘Little class for Big actors.’ He bonded with the instructors & loved each Saturday.
• SCCT is awesome! What a wonderful opportunity for growth and exploration. This is one of the things that makes Greenville a great place to live and raise children.
• Out of all the activities in which Emily has participated, she has enjoyed this the most by far. She asks me when she awakens in the morning ‘Is this an acting class day?’ Thank you!
• Fun! The class helped my shy child have more confidence in front of others.
• This was an energetic and encouraging environment where being involved and silly is acceptable. A perfect environment for growing creativity.
• Miss Traysie rocks.
• This class has been terrific and has allowed my child to channel all of her ‘dramatic energy.’
• My daughter’s social skills and self awareness have blossomed through these opportunities!
• Emmy loved it! The highlight of her week!
• I love what SCCT offers for kids of all ages. Keep up the great work!!!
1st-5th Process & Production Acting
• Camp gave me confidence!
• Loved working with Mr. Jason, and my son loved the friendships he made with the other students.
• They had a blast! Loved it! !
• This was a wonderful opportunity for an initial acting experience.
• I never did any acting before this, But now I feel ready for a small part on a real stage! I hope to do more acting soon!
• I want to try and come back! This was the best class I’ve ever taken.
• Natalie has already asked to take more classes!
• Great class! Traysie did a wonderful job with the students. My son was a little shy and introverted. She did a wonderful job making it fun and drew him out.
• This was a great introduction to theatre for a very reserved child interested in performing in shows at SCCT.
• The Children’s Theatre provides an excellent learning experience. Our child has grown so much as a result. He absolutely loves it.
• Great teacher! Great patience and knowledge.
• Of all the other activities my son had been in, this was the only thing he always wanted to come to.
• Henry loved it and learning lines was a great experience. He really got a great idea what a real play was like.
• It was so nice to see my son come out of the class beaming!
• Ali looked forward to the class each week. Mia did a great job in helping her develop. Thanks!
• It gave my son the opportunity to share his enthusiasm for life in a constructive and positive way.
• My daughter loved all of it. I loved the way the instructors seemed to bring them out of any shell they might be in.
5th-9th Process & Production Acting
• The teacher was very willing to answer all my questions without making me feel silly or like I was taking too much of her time.
• Theatre classes at SCCT are invaluable for children who want to be in the SCCT productions. They really prepare children to take on any role. Keep up the good work!
• This class seems to have taught my child to think outside the nine dots. That is, w’ve seen increased creativity in her school projects, for example. Hers are unique and different from her classmates.
• I was surprised by my child’s desire to audition for different productions. As we all know, the auditioning process can be nerve-wracking, but the SCCT students seem to take it in stride. This is a valuable lesson for children to learn; how to manage fear and perform under stress.
• The teachers are awesome!
• The children seemed to love the class. They are proud of their achievements.
• Wonderful experiences for my daughter. She feels ‘in her element’ with other kids that she has more in common with than ‘ordinary’ kids.
• I loved this class—the teacher made it so fun. I would like to do it next summer as well.
• This class was so fun! I learned new improv games that are so fun! I also learned how to help each other out onstage. I was supposed to take a different class somewhere else, but it got cancelled. I’m so glad it did.
• SCCT is a top notch organization. We’ve lived in many cities in the US and various countries and nowhere have we found a children’s venue of this caliber. Thank you! We’ll participate in the future!!
• The instructors do a wonderful job. Mia’s work with the young aspiring actors and actresses is perfect.
• My child has found an activity she thoroughly enjoys and has helped her to grow as a person.
• Mr. Jason had the right approach and experience to teach my child and make him love theatre.
• I appreciate all the time and effort put forth for this homeschool class. Thank you so much it was a great experience for my children, and we hope you will be offering more classes for homeschoolers.
• SCCT helps your children learn to express themselves in a fun and positive manner!
• Jason worked with the strengths of my child and improved his weaknesses! It was a joy to see the growth.
• Griffin loves the classes and people here at SCCT. Keep up the great work!
• I’ve learned to try your best and it doesn’t matter if you mess up if you try.
• The instructors were positive and enthusiastic which made the kids feel happy and ready to learn.
• Learned to act while dancing.
• Awesome class and really strengthened my son’s ability to sing and perform!
• An awesome professional theatrical opportunity that no one else offers in Greenville. SCCT towers above the Fine Arts Center and other programs offered for kids, teens and adults equally.
• This is like a college class where much is expected and even more is realized. Absolute best money ever spent on theatre classes.
• I think it was a growth experience that went beyond the basics to intricate steps of preparing a monologue and preparing for a production. Our daughter arrived home from camp each day—running up the stairs to start her work. She was so engrossed in the materials and proud of what she was working to present. This camp has taken her up a notch or many in her understanding of the art of acting. Success does depend-in part-on natural talent, but hard work and study makes a huge difference!
• I am so happy that I was able to participate in this camp. I definitely feel that I have grown and improved as an actress, and I had so much fun in the process. Working with Betsy was such a privilege. She broadened my knowledge of the acting world. I can’t wait to work with her again!
• My child was enthusiastic about each class meeting throughout the semester. She learned a lot and had a blast.
• Traysie was born to teach theatre to children. What an asset!
• Traysie’s a pro—full of energy and enthusiasm—able to motivate the kids (and sometimes even perform magic, as in the case with my girls).
• Thank you for the great work you do. I have seen Lisa grow so much since her involvement with SCCT.
• My kids grew in terms of confidence and genuine acting ability. A fantastic class.
• This was an excellent class. A lot of information was presented in a very short time, but done in a way that was both fun and easily learned. Thanks so much!
• Thank you giving my child the opportunity to learn, grow and flourish. It has been a fantastic journey.
• I just wanted to thank you all for holding the workshop. Karson REALLY enjoyed it! He didn't want to leave. I am glad I signed him up and look forward to bringing him again.
• It was great practice for the kids to see exactly what a director is looking for. It gave Hallie the extra practice and experience to give her the confidence to try out for a play.
• Kyle grows as a performer every time he is involved with SCCT.
• This is our second workshop with the director. I love her energy & excitement to see the kids succeed.
• Great insight into a process that is foreign to parents.
• The SCCT classes help develop children into confident, self-assured and disciplined individuals. The transformation is amazing.
• They were able to do an ‘audition’ and get feedback before the real audition.
• We have had our daughter involved in classes at SCCT since she was four years old, she is now eleven. She loves the classes.
• I loved this class! It really helped me to be less nervous and more prepared for an actual audition!
• My child walked out of the workshop saying, “I want to come again and again!”